Saturday, April 24, 2010

Project for Yarn Shop

I'm still not done with my sweater yet. I haven't been knitting this week, I've been busy spring cleaning. I've got the body done and 1 sleeve done, I'm working on the second sleeve. I'm going to have to put that on hold for a little bit because I have another project from Black Mountain Yarn Shop. I'm knitting a shawl with this extra fine mohair yarn. This stuff is kind of a pain to work with, I hope it looks good when it's finished. The yarn itself is really pretty, the project is a pain. I have 5 balls in different colors, it will be striped. The brand of yarn is Be Sweet. On the label it reads,
"This yarn was hand spun and dyed by women in South Africa under a job creation program that has offered opportunity in an economically depressed rural region with a 75% unemployment rate and little opportunity aside from hard labor in pineapple fields...Enjoy this beautiful product knowing that you have brought hope into a South African community and that a portion of your purchase is helping support the local school!"
I think this is a good brand of yarn to invest it, I wouldn't mind taking a look at what other yarns they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment